My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Kittens go bye bye



Today we took the kittens to the vet again for a check-up and they decided the one with the bad eye was so improved that they could take them for adoption right then. I know this is a good thing and that the kittens will be better off, but I miss them. Worse, though is how their mom and surrogate mom, Marie, must be feeling - all they know is that their babies have disappeared. I guess most people don't believe pets care that much when they are separated from family members, but I remember when I took Misty's kitten, Daisy, to the vet for adoption a few years ago. Misty was miserable and looked everywhere around the yard for days for the missing kitten.

Next up is getting Fluffy and the new stray male cat fixed and catching and finding homes for Fluffy's babies - they've been living under a wood pile and I still haven't glimpsed them yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I'm glad the kittens are eligible for adoption now; they'll have a better chance.
I know what you mean, though, about being sorry for the mother. I used to feel the same way when they would wean the calves on the farm.

11:27 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I can imagine that would be hard too. I guess deciding that animals don't have those feelings makes it easier for us to make use of them.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home