My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Vicky update

"Day 13 of my captivity." - Vicky

Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since we took Vicky to the vet after he was injured in a cat fight. He was in pretty bad shape. Here is a photo the vet gave me. You can see Vicky's R side, where he is missing a lot of skin. On the other side of his face he had another bite and they had to put in a Penrose drain there ...
The drain is now out and the area of missing skin is slowly getting smaller as it starts to heal, with twice daily warm compresses. Today Vicky got another antibiotic shot. The vet wants outdoor cat Vicky to stay inside and by himself, so he's in my mom's room. Yoda, my one indoor cat, is not amused. It's actually pretty stressful here.

Here's Vicky today. You can kind of see where the skin is still missing on his lower face ...

Not sure how long the healing will take. Vicky is mot a kid - he first showed up here in the yard in 2014 and he was an adult then - but he is hanging in. We have another vet appointment in about a week and a half.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Oh, poor kitty! It looks like he is healing, though. Good to keep him indoors, the mean cat can't get him there. But I am sure it is stressful for you and Yoda.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

9:55 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Katherine. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

How's he doing now? Terrible injury! I hope the other cat isn't waiting for him outdoors. It's possible he and Yoda will adjust to one another, given enough time. I've had multiple cats for decades. But it's not a sure thing . . . these days I have two downstairs and one upstairs.

4:22 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susan. How are you? Vicky is still in the bedroom and his wound is still healing and need the hot compresses, but it is getting smaller. Yes, Timmy the bad cat is still outside and picking on the other cats too. I've signed up to take him to the SPCA but I'm on a long list and the other times I got to the top, I wasn't actually able to catch him. If at first you don't succeed ...

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home