My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 24, 2021

The Bishop's Wife

Lovng kindness, warm hearts, and the stretched out hand of tolerance - all the shining gifts that make peace on earth.

Watching my favorite Christmas movie, The Bishop's Wife ...

a 1947 Samuel Goldwyn romantic comedy feature film directed by Henry Koster and starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven. The plot is about an angel who helps a bishop with his problems. The film was adapted by Leonardo Bercovici and Robert E. Sherwood from the 1928 novel of the same name by Robert Nathan.

It's free to stream now at Amazon if you have Prime. I'd post a trailer, but apparently, one was never made :) ...



4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Merry Christmas, Crystal!

1:35 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Merry Christmas, Katherine :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

That’s funny, Anne and I just watched this movie for the first time on Christmas night. Nobody could wear a suit like Carey Grant.

6:51 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I watched a lot of old movies on tv when I was a kid, ones with Cary Grant, Jummy Stewart, Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, etc. They remind me of my grandfather :)

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home