My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 26, 2026

"Occupy" - the word and the deed

I saw in the news today that a reporter asked Mayor Mamdani if he would have threatened to arrest the leaders of Hamas, as he had threatened to arrest Netanyahu. Abd to his credit, he said he would have ...



I bring this up because the whole subject of Israel is now such a weighty topic in the Democratic party, of which Mamdani is a popular representative. And it's my party, so I have strong feelings about how the leaders and candidates of the party are using this subject to try to get votes.

Anyway, today I also saw this video by Haviv Rettig Gur. He has a podcast - Ask Haviv Anything - and in this case he discusses the claim (increasingly now made by Democratic politicians and pundits) that Israel is "occupying" Gaza and has always done so (and also tangentially the West Bank).

Before I add the video, I just want to say ... everyone knows that the actual facts about these historical subjects are out there, right? That people who want to know the actual truth can look stuff up and cross check and verify in multiple ways? You can look up Haviv's facts and you can use your reasoning abilities to evaluate his opinions. Sadly, the Democrats in the party who now want everyone to hate Israel don't want to go there. They think hate will bind us together and help us win elections.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home