Pages
▼
Saturday, August 01, 2026
Stevens or El-Sayed
Thinking about the Democratic primary in Michigan for the Senate, where Haley Stevens and Abdul El-Sayed are competing.
I'm not a Michigan voter, but if I was, I would vote for Stevens, who has been endorsed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Why would I vote that way, given how progressives like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have endorsed El-Sayed? In part it's because I hate the way the DSA candidates porteay other Democrats as "centrist" of even right-leaning. That just is not true. But also, I don't like El-Sayed's stance on Israel.
A factor that is seldom mentioned in this race is that there are a lot of Arab American Democratic voters in Michigan. Dearborn, for example, is now a Muslim/Arab majority city (Dearborn, Michigan: A visit to the first Arab-majority city in the US).
If you don't think the Democratic party is taking this into account, think back to when Joe Biden was running for re-election. Many Arab/American voters in Michigan, who are usually Democrats, decided to vote for Trump instead of Biden based on one thing ... that after the October 7 attack by Hamas on Israel, in which many Americans as well as Israelis were killed and taken hostage, Biden went to Israel and offered help.
Here's MSNBC talking to Arab/American voters back then ...
I'm pretty disturbed that my party seems to have totally thrown in with Democratic Socialists and anti-Israel proponents.
No comments:
Post a Comment