My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ice Cream and The Tablet

I don't know exactly why I'm posting these two bits of info together, unless both seem to be too good to be true.

First, about ice cream. I've loved it since I was a kid and my grandfather took my sister and me out for chocolate-dipped cones. I found my present favorite ice cream ... Häagen-Dazs ... at a shop near the Cove in La Jolla . Here is the link to the products page for Häagen-Dazs, where you can read about flavors such as Amazon valley chocolate - The fertile soil and lush, protective canopy of the Amazon Rainforest provide the perfect growing environment for the rare Criollo cocoa bean—the exquisite ingredient that gives this ice cream its intense and nutty flavor ..... or Pomegranate Chip - The first bite is a creamy mixture of tart pomegranate, sweet cranberries and ripe, sun-warmed grapes. Next to arrive are melting chunks of intense dark chocolate and tantalizing fruit overtones. :-)

Second, I see that this week's copy of The Tablet is completely free for all to read, downloadable in pdf format. It's interesting to see how the pages, complete with advertizements, actually look. One article worth a read was No sign of a rapprochement ... From De Lubac to Lefebvre, France has long been a place of passionate argument about Catholicism and the liturgy. Publication of the Pope’s motu proprio has provoked intense debate and has consequences not only for celebration of the Mass but a wider vision of the Church.


7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I was just working and listening to some musics and you came to mind ... sooooo ... just thought I'd let you know that you came to mind and I think you're groovy. =)

2:37 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Matthew :-)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Groovy, for sure...

Hey, thanks for the tip on the free Tablet PDF, Crystal. That article was very good. The one by McMahon? Uh uh... Not so good...

1:22 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Oh, I hadn't read that other article - I guess they like to show both sides of an issue.

But more importantly, what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

COFFEE ice cream all the way, Crys!

When I was a kid I loved chocolate ice cream and all the various derivatives of it. My grandmother loved coffee ice cream and I could never understand that. Once I got older, I became a committed convert.

It's impossible to be unhappy eating ice cream, I always say. Living here in New England, we in fact have the highest ice cream consumption per capita in the world.

When Anne and I were in Florence, I don't think that we missed a gelato emporium anywhre from the Duomo all the way down to the Ponte Vecchio. Delicious.

7:26 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I've never had coffee ice cream. When I was a kid, my granfparents always had neopolitan ice cream (strawberry, chocolate and vanilla together), but my favorite has been strawberry.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home