My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Pope likes animals ....

.... and despite the differences I have with him, I really like that about him. Here's a YouTube of him meeting some native creatures of Australia ..... takes me back to The Crocodile Hunter :) See the story below the YouTube .....



Pope Benedict XVI yesterday met special visitors including a koala, red-necked wallaby joey and other unique Australian animals at the Kenthurst Study Centre.

"We wanted to offer the Holy Father an opportunity to experience some of Australia's unique fauna, and were delighted when our partners at Taronga Zoo offered to help," said Fr Mark Podesta, WYD08 spokesman.

"The Holy Father expressed that he wanted to meet some of our native animals, so we were more than happy to offer him this experience," he said.

Fr Mark said the Zoo staff were very professional showing great love for the animals they care for included a wallaby, koala, python, lizard, baby crocodile and an echidna. The Pope patted each of the animals and thanked the team from Taronga Zoo .....

- Independent Catholic News


4 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Whatever happened to the cats he had when he was cardinal?

If they make me pope, I'm taking my cat to the Vatican with me.

And my wife and kid.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I said I like this pope on the cats and Mozart things; and his great analysis of Fatima. However....on other things like playing "footsie" with ID and his stronger than American bishops on gays stand....well I'll just have to see.As if, he would care about my opinion:) Jack

9:05 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I think that I read that his cats live with his brother now.

If they make me pope, I'm taking my cat to the Vatican with me.

And my wife and kid


I'm glad to see you have your priorities straight :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I guess he's just like everyone else - a person of parts :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home