My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 05, 2008

This week's movie


- Ellie and Dr. Grant reminisce

This week's movie rental was Jurassic Park III. Unlike the two earlier Jurassic Park movies, Jurassic Park and The Lost World, this one was not adapted from a book by Michael Crichton nor was it directed by Steven Spielberg. Still, I found it fun, and it had a few actors in it that I really like .... William H. Macy, Sam Neill, Tea Leoni, Laura Dern, and Alessandro Nivola .... plus a Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus , a Tyrannosaurus Rex, some Pteranodons, and a number of Velociraptors.

Here's a bit about it from Wikipedia ....

Four years after the events of the second film, The Lost World, doctors Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) have continued their paleontological careers but are working independently. Ellie is married with two children and Grant is still digging with his protégé, Billy Brennan (Alessandro Nivola). He is approached by Paul (William H. Macy) and Amanda Kirby (Téa Leoni), who say they are wealthy thrill-seekers who want Grant to give them a tour of Isla Sorna. Grant is reluctant at first, but eventually agree after the Kirbys' promise to fund his dig.

By now, everyone has seen the original Jurassic Park movie so many times that we're blasé, but I can remember when I read the book by Michael Crichton for the first time. Each night I sat in front to the wall heater, compulsively eating cookies and turning the pages. When I went to bed and turned off the light, I was scared :) Maybe it's only me, but this dinosaur stuff just never gets old. Here are some pics from the movie ....


- they fly to Isla Sorna


- Billy and Dr. Grant consider their options


- the Kirbys, a bit the worse for wear


- a Velociraptor with one of its stolen eggs


3 Comments:

Blogger cowboyangel said...

Crystal,

Just wanted to say hi. I took a break for a while from blogging and reading blogs. You have so many interesting posts since I last visited! I'll see if I can catch up on these.

I didn't even know there was a JP3! And with a great cast. I like all these folks, especially William Macy.

I still have a vivid memory of taking my young brothers and sister to see the first JP at the Ziegfeld Cinema in Manhattan, the last of the grand old cinemas in the city. It's one of those old enormous screens, and the movie was almost like being on a roller-coaster. Quite a cinematic experience. Recently, I saw parts of it again on AMC. It held up better than I expected.

Hope you're doing well. And please watch out for those velociraptors!

2:50 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi William,

I was being to doubt Liam's assurances that you were still alive. I can understand a person taking a break from blogging, but you do realize we had a half finished scrabulous game!???

I like William H Macy too. He's always good.

3:29 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

Ah, once again, the Scrabulous conundrum. I didn't realize we had a game. I was confused on what we were doing.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home