My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Jesuit Off-Broadway

I saw this video today of Fr. James Martin SJ talking about his book, A Jesuit Off-Broadway,. The book describes the time he spent as an advisor to the making of a play about Judas. I did read the book myself some time ago and thought it was quite interesting. BTW, I think I recognize the beautiful interior of the NY church in the background in the video - -Church of St. Ignatius Loyola in Manhattan? Anyway, enjoy the video ....

4 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Crystal - thank you so much for posting this and reminding me of this video!! I had seen it before but as you know, seeing something at a different moment, to borrow from your blog name, a different perspective - well you know!

3:40 packed with wisdom and grace is all I can say. I love the way the insights about Judas and evil evolve with Sam Rockwell and Fr. Jim. As I like to say, there is no accounting for grace!

As a side note, I used to work a couple of blocks from the Public Theatre and I could see my office building for a second as Fr. Jim strode into the theatre. *sigh* It made me feel very nostalgic for NYC!

Thanks for this, what a good way to begin my day.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

St. Ignatius is a beautiful church -- east side, though, so I've only made it over there once. Great video.

5:27 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Fran,

Thanks. I've only been to New York once and remember almost nothing. It was interesting to see the little bits in the video.

12:46 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Liam,

For some reason I thought this was your church. Which one is your's then?

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home