My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Photos from the yard

I guess there's a big storm in the east but out here spring is starting. Here are some photos from the yard today ....


- the acacia tree is blooming in the foreground


- here's the ever growing pile of branches I have to cut up for the "green garbage" cans. The green stuff is mistletoe, which kills a lot of trees here


- the gray squirrel waits for me to go away so he can partake of the snacks I brought


- but the blue jay born here last year isn't afraid of me


- so he takes a sunflower seed. What interesting feet he has :)


- the brown squirrel (Fox squirrel?) isn't afraid either. I just noticed when looking at the photo that he seems to have something stuck to his face ..... does anyone know what that is?


8 Comments:

Anonymous Dyan said...

Looks like a piece of rice or sliver of wood stuck to the brown squirrel's face. These are beautiful pictures!

8:48 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dyan,

Thanks. I actually took 22 photos - that's how many my camera will take at once - and these were the only ones that weren't blurry :)

It looks like a piece of wood to me too. My sister thought it was a shell of a sunflower seed. Hope it's not hurting him.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Mike L said...

If the rest were blurry that is OK, you have a wonderful group of very sharp pictures. I believe that the best way to get a good picture is to take a lot of them.

Why only 22 pictures? Are you limited by the memory card? I have a LOT stored on my camera and need to get them read off to the computer.

Beautiful pictures.

Hugs,

Mike L

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful photos.

Yeah, here it's just a lot of snow. The blizzard's finally over, though.

9:00 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Mike,

Thanks. I just point the camera towards what's there and click away, hoping some will be ok. When I've taken 22 photos, the camera won't take anymore untill I delete the ones there - the memory card, I guess?

12:50 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Liam,

Thanks. I thought you weren't talking to me anymore :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Crystal, these photos are great!! I agree with Mike about taking lots of pictures. That's certainly what I do.

If your camera card holds only 22 pictures, I'm guessing it's the card that came with the camera, yes? If that's the case, you might want to buy a a card with a larger capacity--maybe 1GB, if your camera allows that size.

7:53 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susan,

Yes, that's the thing that came with the camera - I didn't realize it could be changed. See, after you told me about forcing myself to do what used to be fun, I went outside and took photos :) That did cheer me up a bit - thanks.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home