My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 05, 2010

British writers

I saw that the BBC has a page of video interviews with well known writers - In Their Own Words: British Novelists. There are actually even some writers on the list whose novels I've read :) .... Aldous Huxley (Island and The Doors of Perception), Robert Graves (I, Claudius, Claudius the God, and Count Belisarius), TH White (The Once and Future King), John le Carre (The Spy Who Came in from the Cold), JRR Tolkien (The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit), Daphne du Maurier (Rebecca, The House on the Strand, Jamaica Inn, Frenchman's Creek, and The King's General), William Golding (Lord of the Flies) (and one I'm attempting to read right now - Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go). Sadly the videos don't seem to be embedable but here below is a brief and rather creepy clip I found - hopefully it's not representative :) ......




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home