My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 02, 2011

Osama bin Laden

From a post at US Catholic by Bryan Cones - Is Osama bin Laden's assassination "justice"?

"Justice has been done," said President Obama last night, announcing the assassination of Osama bin Laden, a couple of his aides, and a woman used as a human shiled in the attack. Is that what "justice" is? I say that not because I don't think Osama bin Laden should have escaped punishment for his crimes. The man was guilty of murder thousands of times over. But I wonder if the president of the United States, a nation that has committed terrible and grotesque acts of grave injustice in these past 10 years, should be so bold in invoking "justice." I wish in some way the president had called the action exactly what it was: revenge for the attacks of 9/11 .....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home