My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Psalm 36

I thought I'd try a photo for the psalm challenge for psalm 36 mentioned at Jerusalem Hills daily photo. Here's the psalm with the line I'm addressing with my photo in bold .....

Psalm 36 (New International Version)

For the director of music. Of David the servant of the LORD.

1 I have a message from God in my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked: There is no fear of God before their eyes.
2 In their own eyes they flatter themselves too much to detect or hate their sin.
3 The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good.
4 Even on their beds they plot evil; they commit themselves to a sinful course and do not reject what is wrong.
5 Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
6 Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, LORD, preserve both people and animals.



7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
10 Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.
11 May the foot of the proud not come against me, nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.
12 See how the evildoers lie fallen—thrown down, not able to rise!

The photos is of my four cats, now deceased. It's overexposed because the sun was so bright that day, but it almost seems in a way like they're looking toward the beatific vision.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Paul Martin said...

In grade seven I asked the nun who taught those classes - was it "CCD?: - for confirmation, anyway - if your pets could go to heaven. A kid had just asked if you could play football in heaven and she'd said yes. So I figured if a dead pigskin could be allowed, living animals could be.

But I got a big thumbs down...

8:23 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

More reason to be glad I came to Catholicism late.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

Oh Crystal, this is wonderful!
The verse came as a surprise (to me) in the psalm--"man and beast Thou preservest, O LORD." And now your perfect picture to go with it.

I would not be surprised if our animals have senses beyond our own human ones. Like these cats of yours seeing the light.
And Balaam's ass seeing the angel first.

Welcome to the Psalm illustrators group. We are glad to have you.

11:28 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dian,

I do hope everything: plants, animals, all people, get saved - guess I'm a universalist at heart. I really could use the chance to learn more about the psalms. Thanks for posting about it. I'm not sure if I will do it again, but maybe :)

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Paul Martin said...

Did you ever read Walt Whitman? He seems to be a big time universalist, going by his poems. I think he'd save everything - the rooftops, the bricks, the pavement, the "leaves of grass..." I liked him although after a while his poems started all sounding kind of the same to me.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Robert said...

Thank you for this wonderful image and the kindness to link.

Please have a good week ahead and it would be of great joy to see you soon again.

daily athens photo

2:34 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

No, Paul, haven't read Whitman.

8:20 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Robert,

Thanks you - and thanks for the link to daily athens photo :)

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that your kitty photo is overexposed it's like they're dissolving into the light...perfect!

12:25 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Theanne and Baron,

Thanks - it does kind of look that way :)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home