Thoughts of a Catholic convert

My Photo
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I hate fireworks

I was indifferent to them until the cats came to live with me and I saw how frightened they were of them. Now that the cats are gone, I've come to think of the blue jays as my pets and I worry about their reaction to tonight's/tomorrow's fireworks. Remember the stories in the news about the mysterious bird deaths? It's thought that loud noises/explosions were the cause. For those interested, here's something on the subject from Audubon magazine .... Do Fireworks Cause Bird Deaths? What to Do on the Fourth of July.


Anonymous Victor said...

(((If you want to see your fireworks and protect birds, too, the best thing to do is attend a commercial display, rather than setting off your own pyrotechnic devices.)))

Hey Crystal! Why don't we just go a little further and simply watch silent firecracker works instead! :(

I hear ya! Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. :)


8:02 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I've never really understood the desire to make loud noises and scare things.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Carnival said...

Yes!! Crystal, I thought I was the only one who hates fireworks. I hate the sound of something blowing up.

7:09 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Carnival,

Good to know there are at least two of us who don't like them :)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home