My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 14, 2012

Books of 2012

Here are a few of the books I posted about this year ... hmmm, mostly science fiction/fantasy - must become more eclectic :)

The two I'd especially recommend would be Ready Player One, a 2011 science fiction novel by Ernest Cline (you can listen to the beginning chapter of the book here), and In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin, a 2011 non-fiction book by Erik Larson (you can read a review of it in the L.A. Times here).

The others ...

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

The Enchantress by Michael Scott

Passage by Connie Willis

Blackout by Connie Willis

Kraken by China Mieville

Midnight Riot (Rivers of London in the UK) by Ben Aaronovitch

And also a number of the Dresden Files novels


2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

What did you think of Passage? If you read it and went on to Blackout, I'm guessing you liked it. Blackout's reviews are too mixed for me, but Passage looks somewhat intriguing. I used to be a Sci Fi fan, but the closest I get these days are the JD Robb crime novels set in 2059. :-)

9:46 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susan,

Well, I didn't finish Blackout - I just lost interest.

But Passage I did like more, probably because it seemed more serious and because of the theme of near-death experiences. The characters were pretty likeable and I learned a lot about the Titanic and various other disasters ;) Have you read it?

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home