My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 13, 2013

Data and the Bee Gees



In a couple of weeks it will be the time when my cat Data died. I don't know if it's because of that or because I'm reading a book about the Star Trek Data, but I've been remembering the while before he died when he was ill. He was 15, had bladder infections and bladder cancer, and was urinating blood. I was afraid to have surgery done on the cancer in case it made things worse an dll the antibiotics we tried didn't help with the infections so we tried chloramphenicol ... I had to sign a form saying I knew it could give both him and us aplastic anemia ... but that didn't help either. He lost so much weight he was like a little skeleton with fur, and we had to give him subQ fluids because he was so dehydrated. I remember one night waking up when he fell down - the sound of his head hitting the hardwood floor - and me picking him up and thinking, 'there really cannot be a God if stuff like this can happen'. During the time he was sick I had checked out a music CD from the library - Bee Gees: Their Greatest Hits. I looked it up on YouTube tonight and sang along with the songs to remember Data .....


2 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

Dear Crystal,

I know that "IT" is only words but I'm sure that you remember my Tiger that I spoke about duing my old blog.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/15443898648764230515


I still miss him and long story short, he's been staying with one of our grand son who has C.F. and every time I ask him what those letter C.F. stand for he always keeps reminding me that they stand for "Christ First" so how can I possibly tell him that I want my cat back. :)

Hey relax cause with a little "Faith", we'll get to see all of our lost loves in Paradis someday. Is this life not but a moment in "Time" now?

By the way, I'm still listening to your BeeGees and thanks for sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykU8iSKkJR0

MERRY CHRISTMAS

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2013/12/15/sunday-favorites-126/

God Bless

4:17 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

I remember Tiger :) I do hope all our animal friends will be i heaven with us - it won't seem right without them.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home