- aliens of Defiance
- Is the Catholic idea of marriage coming apart with the pre-synod debate between cardinals on communion for divorced/remarried people? One can only hope ;) I loathe Cardinal Müller's idea of what love and marriage are like - Archbishop Müller: Care of remarried divorcees must not be reduced to the question of receiving the Eucharist.
- Earth has lost half of its wildlife in the past 40 years, says WWF :(
- From Oxford University's practical ethics blog on the first Ebola case in the US ... How Much Freedom Should We Give Up To Avoid the Spread of Infectious Diseases?
- I've never been to Central Park but I've read about it in novels like Time and Again and Reliquary. Who knew it was so biologically diverse ... The Central Park Zoo Hidden From View
- Check out The Telegraph's best fiction of 2014 here
- Finished watching season 2 of the science fiction series, Defiance. It's not perfect, but one thing I especially like about it is the relationship between the main character and his adopted alien daughter. Here's a trailer ...