My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jurassic World: the book



Yesterday morning I woke up to an ambiance that viscerally reminded me of all the summer mornings when I was a kid and my family would be starting out on some exciting adventure in which almost anything might happen ... a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, for instance ... I think that's part of the allure of the Jurassic World film.

I won't be able to see the movie for a while, but when I saw the book Jurassic World Special Edition Junior Novelization had just become available, all those happy feelings took hold :) OK, yes, the book is another young adult story and sadly not written by Michael Crichton as Jurassic Park books one and two were, but I'm so looking forward to the movie that I couldn't resist.

The new film, despite being ravaged beforehand by science guys for non-realism, has done incredibly well at the box office. Here's a review from The Atlantic: Jurassic World: Come for the Dinosaurs, Stay for … more dinosaurs., and Richard Roeper says the movie is "pure summer fun".

A trailer ...