My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Tax bill passed

I wanted to post on the Senate passing the tax bill, but I feel such rage about it that I should limit myself to only a few words.

All of the Republicans voted for it save Bob Corker, even Flake and Collins and McCain voted for it. All but one voted for it knowing that it would make the rich (their donors) richer, knowing it would make Trump a billion dollars richer. All but one voted for it knowing it would increase taxes on the most vulnerable among us, knowing that it will take away health insurance from millions and that it will end up causing cuts in services to children, the elderly, the sick, the poor. All but one voted for it even though they all claim to be Christians. I will never again give a Republican lawmaker the benefit of the doubt. They are not people, they are things.

More: Senate Republicans pass a tax bill giving corporations a massive tax cut and cutting health care

5 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

And I don't want to hear another word from them about Repubs being the party of fiscal responsibility, and the deficit being a bad thing. Obviously the deficit doesn't matter unless it's about spending that doesn't benefit them or their sacred donors.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

The sole good thing that I can find about this bill is that they promised protection for the Dreamers in order to get Jeff Flake on board. Of course promising something and actually doing it are two different things.

10:59 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

From what I saw in the news, Jeff Flake was given the promise he could be on the team that decides about the Dreamers, but they have no obligation to follow his advice. I'm so disappointed in him.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

He says it'll benefit the middle class because helping corporations will create more jobs. Isn't this "trickle-down economics"? I thought that theory was disproved a long time ago.

12:58 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, that was a Reagan thing - was that voo-doo economics? Anyway, it doesn't seem to really work. I think he just wanted to help himself - it's said he will be about a billion dollars richer with this plan.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home