My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Old stuff in drawers

Today my sister came over and we went through all the stuff in my mother's and grandmother's old dressers. There was a lot and I took photos of some of what we found ....

Here's me at my (outdoor) wedding. I'm wearing a dress my mom made. Unfortunately the color of the photo was so bad, I had to make it B&W ...



We also found some things from our one trip to Europe just after college. Here is a ticket from a play we saw in London at the Young Vic. I don't remember what the play was, but Simon Ward was in it ...



And here's something (a museum ticket?) from when we visited Greece ...



But most of what was in the drawers was family stuff - old photos and news clippings. There were quite a few about my grandmother's brother, Uncle Earl. He had actually played baseball in the World Series in 1924 and he has his own Wikipedia page. Here's one of the articles about him - that's Yoda the kitten's foot at the top ;) ....



Looking through all this stuff with my sister made me realize that I do still have a family ... yes, most of them are dead, but they are still my family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Keepsakes; they are a memory bridge to people who are no longer with us.
The dress is lovely, especially since it was your mom who made it.

9:16 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Katherine :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

What wonderful photos and narrative -- they take me back!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home