My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Powell's Bookstore



Tonight on the PBS NewsHour they had a segment about Powell's Books in Portland Oregon and how it's being affected by the virus.

I lived in Portland for three years after I got divorced and spent many a weekend hanging out at Powell's. It is a huge store with a wide variety of books, including a lot of used books, and it has a nice coffee shop within the store too ... bagel with cream cheese ... mmm :) Here's a photo of me (on the L in flannel) and my sister while in Portland ...



I was really lonely in Portland. The only person I knew was my sister and after she moved away to Japan, I was alone there. What kept me going in that depressing rainy place was my job at the Oregon Health & Sciences University Hospital, Mexican takeout food + video rentals, and Powell's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home