My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Statues


- Thorvaldsen's Jesus in the Copenhagen Cathedral

Trump doesn't care about saving people from the virus, instead he's fixated on saving inanimate statues. His latest lie is that protestors want to tear down statues of Jesus.

Trump doesn't actually care about the statues, of course, but he thinks he can divide us more, inflame the racists and religious bigots of his base, so he can get re-elected.

And about those statues of Jesus, I like some of them as are, but I'm pretty sure Jesus himself would be disturbed by the idea that people have made graven images of him - most Jews were iconoclasts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I think people like images of Jesus because they remind us that he really was a human person. I don't know if the Shroud of Turin is authentic or not. But I think that some of the artist's images based on it are fascinating. One artist did a sculpture based on computer aided depth projection, which was pretty interesting.

8:37 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yeah, and I think that's what I like so much about Jesus movies - they make it easier to experience Jesus as a real historical person.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home