My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 24, 2020

AOC



Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spoke about being accosted and sworn at (f*cking b*tch) by Republican Congressman Ted Yoho. Almost every woman will recognize what happened to AOC. I'm glad she was able to put in the congressional record what sexism is all about. The Republican Congress and the Republican president think they own us, that they can poop on women with impunity. I believe the next election will show them how very wrong they are.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dyan said...

Wow! I hope one day she has the opportunity to be the President of the United States. This is the kind of leader we all need.
Thank you for sharing this Crystal! I will definitely be watching it with my children later today.

6:14 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dyan. I agree, she's a good feminist role modal :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Her speech was so classy and articulate. Unlike Yoho. He's scared of her. He should be. I'm thinking of that Nancy Sinatra song, "These Boots are Made for Walking".

12:53 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Katherine. It is remarkable how much male Republican lawmakers have seemed to hate her from the moment she was elected. Uppity women scare them, especially uppity women with power. I think that's part of what they like about Trump - that he's such a misogynist.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home