My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 31, 2020

RIP: Sean Connery

Sad to see that actor Sean Connery has passed away.

Connery is probably best known for his early James Bond movies and he's done a lot of recent work, but here are the movies of his that I most liked, all from the 80s and 90s ....

- Outland ...

a 1981 British science fiction thriller film .... Set on Jupiter's moon Io, it has been described as a space Western, and bears thematic resemblances to the 1952 film High Noon.



- Highlander ...

a 1986 fantasy action-adventure film .... It stars Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Clancy Brown, and Roxanne Hart. The film chronicles the climax of an ages-old war between immortal warriors, depicted through interwoven past and present-day storylines.



- The Untouchables ...

a 1987 American crime film .... The film stars Kevin Costner, Charles Martin Smith, Andy GarcĂ­a, Robert De Niro, and Sean Connery, and follows Eliot Ness (Costner) as he forms the Untouchables team to bring Al Capone (De Niro) to justice during Prohibition.



- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ...

a 1989 American action-adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg, from a story co-written by executive producer George Lucas. It is the third installment in the Indiana Jones franchise. Harrison Ford returned in the title role, while his father is portrayed by Sean Connery.



- The Hunt for Red October ...

a 1990 American submarine spy-thriller film ... starring Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Scott Glenn, James Earl Jones, and Sam Neill. The film is an adaptation of Tom Clancy's 1984 bestselling novel of the same name. It is the first installment of the film series with the protagonist Jack Ryan.



- The Rock ...

is a 1996 American action thriller film directed by Michael Bay .... The film stars Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage and Ed Harris, with William Forsythe and Michael Biehn co-starring .... In the film, the Pentagon assigns a team comprising an FBI chemist and a former SAS captain with a team of SEALs to break into Alcatraz, where a group of rogue US Force Recon Marines have seized all the tourists on the Island and have threatened to launch nerve gas filled rockets upon San Francisco ...



Of all of these, I guess my most favorite one is The Rock, which I actually bought because I liked it so much. I remember going to see it at the theater with a friend from my church RCIA group.

What a career! Sean Connery will be missed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I remember him in "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" when I was a kid. He was the handsome young guy. I thought the banshee was pretty scary.

4:35 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Somehow I never saw that movie. I remember the first time I saw him in a movie. It was "You Only Live Twice" and some friends from high school and I took a bus downtown to see it.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home