My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Cabinet: Mayor Pete



Mayor Pete Buttigieg was chosen by Joe Biden to be the Secretary of Transportation. I think he's a great choice - such a bright and thoughtful person. He will be the first openly gay man to be a presidential cabinet member - yay :) What a contrast Biden's presidency will be to a Republican presidency, where religious bigotry would never allow someone like Mayor Pete to be a "normal" person along with all the rest of us, much less to serve in a presidential administration.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Yes, very good choice! I was reading at one point that Biden might make him ambassador to China. He would have been good at that too. But I think this position will make better use of his talents. I would like to see him as a presidential candidate someday (I mean one that actually got the nomination!) But this wasn't the right year for that.

8:14 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

He's still young and it would probably be good for him to get more experience - maybe leter he'll be more electable.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home