My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 19, 2021

Worries

Everything feels so stressful lately.

First, of course, there's the deadly global pandemic. Even though vaccines are being rolled out, we are in a race to try to get most people vaccinated before mutant versions of the virus, versions that may be increasingly immune to the present vaccines, become predominant ...



My sister and brother-in-law and I were able to get the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week, they from Blue Cross and me from the teaching hospital I go to for health care. Yet a friend who works at a grocery store, an essential worker, is still not able to get vaccinated. I'm not sure what the protocols are here in CA and I wouldn't have known I was eligible if I hadn't gotten an email from the hospital telling me to make an appointment, but I feel guilty for being able to do this when others still can't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Don't feel guilty, Crystal. I'm just guessing you are 65 or older (as I also am) and statistics indicate that those 65-plus have the greatest chance of dying if they get Covid. I think everyone is going to have the opportunity in the next few months. We don't have ours yet, but we are signed up on the state site. It's weird, but they haven't gotten to our age tier in the Eastern part of the state where we live. But out west in my hometown they are already giving shots to seniors at Wal-Mart.
Hopefully you won't have side effects with yours.

11:05 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I hope you guys are able to get the vaccine soon. The only side effect so far is a sore arm for a couple of days. I think states are able to make their own rules - like here I think teachers are able to get shots sooner than in some other states.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home