My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 14, 2021

Brussels



I've been trying to keep track of President Biden's European trip on the news. I see that he's now in Brussels, the capital of Belgium.

Brussels is actually a place I've visited - it was one of the stops on my family's trip to Europe in 1976. What I remember about Brussels more than anything else was the restaurant where we had dinner. The meals were arranged by the tour and my sister and I were the weirdos of the group because we were the only vegetarians. The restaurant made us wonderful brocolli and mushroom omelettes.

I also remember the Grand Place ...

Sadly, we only got to spend one day and night in Brussels (our tour visited 11 countries in 21 days - it was insane!). I wish we could have seen some of the newer stuff now in Brussels, like the Magritte Museum, housing the work of the Belgian surrealist artist, René Magritte - that didn't exist back in 1976.

Anyway, hope Biden does well on his trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

That's cool that you got to go to Europe. I liked the drone footage of Brussels. I think Biden has been well received. Probably eveyone is just glad they don't have to deal with Trump any more.

7:19 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I feel really lucky that I was able to go. It was not long after college - I was 24 - and I had to quit my part-time job at the movie theater because I was going to be gone for so long. My grandmother helped us pay for it. My mom, my sister, and I went off on a great adventure, and I was homesick almost the whole time ;)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home