My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Mail

At last, my sister and I managed to replace the mailbox post after the last one was run over. We sent away for a couple of kits that you just pounded into the ground, but the ground here by the road was so hard we just couldn't do it. Eventually we made the hole left by the previous post bigger, bought a redwood 4x4, and used quick drying concrete to keep it in place. Then we attached the old indestructible Rubbermaid mailbox to that. My sister did all the hard stuff.

The onerous part will be contacting everyone to change my address. Again. But it will be good to finally have mail delivered instead of having to go to the post office to pick it up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Glad you have a mailbox now! Being mounted on a redwood 4x4 ought to be a serious deterent to getting run into.

2:25 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I hope so! There's a fair amount of vandaliam here. My next door had someone destroy their mailbox over and over by throwing pumpkins at it a few years ago. Another neighbor's mailbox was run over about a week after mine. Strange.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home