My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 08, 2022

Logical?

Impassioned Biden signs order on abortion access

The executive order doesn't really add anything to existing oprions, and it doesn't even mention the possibility of women using military hospitals for reproductive services.

This whole topic of abortion really preys on my mind. It's almost impossible to talk to people on the other side about it because their stance seems to be based on religious doctrines. My stance probably has beliefs mixed in it too, but I try to have it make logical sense, if only to myself. Maybe that's part of being a former philosophy student.

Here's a video from Big Think of I. Glenn Cohen, a professor of bioethics at Harvard, discussing the philosophical arguments around personhood and abortion ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home