My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 09, 2023

Mike Lee



If you watched the State of the Union address, you saw Utah Republican Senator Mike Lee looking shocked and betrayed when Joe Biden said that some in the Republican party want to get rid of Social Security. Lee even went on to give interviews after that, saying that Biden had lied.

Well, there is video evidence of Lee (see above) telling voters/donors ...

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it ... Medicare and Medicaid are of the same sort. They need to be pulled up.”

I want to say something about the Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid that the Republicans want to destroy. It is not just seniors who use it and need it. Those programs are the primary lifeline for the disabled, from children to the elderly.

I was lucky with my degenerative eye disease. Because the onset was gradual, I was able to work at various jobs for 20 years. But over 70% of visually impaired/blind people do not have jobs. All they have to count on for survival is Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid.

I hope the Republican party is destroyed for its lies, hypocrisy, and cruelty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I can't believe they're all saying they didn't say what's on video footage that in fact they did.

5:20 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

It shows what contempt they have for their voters - they think they are too stupid to grasp the truth.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home