My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

RFK Jr.



Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has declared himself a Democratic candidate for the presidency in 2024, planning to challenge Biden.

My worry ... RFK Jr. will siphon off votes from Biden - he supposedly has about 20% of voters. And that just seems insane to me. Why?

Although RFK Jr. has done a lot of work for some traditional Democratic causes, like preserving the environment, many of the views he is now supporting are not Democratic views, they are Republican views. A couple of examples: he is virulently anti-vax, and he would end military and financial support of Ukraine.

So, it should come as no surprise that he is the darling of guys like Elon Musk and Steve Bannon. Not only do they share some of his conspiracy theories, they are hoping he will be a spoiler candidate for Biden, just as Ralph Nader was for Al Gore.

I would like to think that Democratic voters would inform themselves about his views before deciding to vote for him, and not just choose him because of his name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Yeah, I hope people will do their research before they vote for him. Even other Kennedy family members are not supporting him. He's pretty eccentric, nothing like his dad or JFK. Like you say he is more like the Republicans, I think he could end up siphoning votes from them.

5:14 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I just knew of him as a kind of crank, but when I looked him up I saw he's an environmental lawyer who has really done a lot of work for the environment and also for some indigenous peoples, so he's kind of a weird mixed bag. Doesn't seem like presidential material.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home