My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 11, 2023

Liar

When I see/hear people supporting Trump, I just don't get it. You only need to listen to him talk for a few minutes to know with certainty what kind of person he is. An example I heard this morning - Trump at a rally, talking to his zombie horde ...

"Crooked Joe now wants the thug prosecuter, this deranged guy, to file a court order taking away my first amendment rights so that I can't speak. So listen to this: we don't want you to speak about rhe case. When we say I can't talk ... I will talk about it, I will. They're not taking away my first amendment rights."

Crooked Joe ... from the first word, Trump is lying about Biden, calling him a crook

now wants the thug prosecuter ... Trump is lying about Biden controlling DOJ special counsel Jack Snith, when Biden has kept a distance from the DOJ and its prosecutions. In fact, it was Trump, when president, who was constantly trying to get his DOJ to prosecute his perceived enemies

this deranged guy ... Trump is telling his cult members that the man prosecuting him is deranged - another lie

a court order taking away my first amendment rights ... there is no court order taking away Trump's first amendment rights. Like any indicted defendant, he is not supposed to talk specifically about the sensitive information he gains from the DOJ in discovery, information about witnesses, for example, so that his crazed follwers will not decide to go off and, you know, kill them

I will talk about it, I will ... he's trying to portray himself as both a victim and a brave hero who will stand against the evil Democrat machine, despite the odds, all to protect his base. What he is doing in actuality is challenging the judge, seeing how far he can push her, how much he can get away with. Later today the judge will decide what exactly Trump should not talk about, and what he can. We'll see how defiant he is then, when he may end up in jail for disregarding what she decides.

How can any decent person support this liar?

Update: Judge Chutkan says Trump’s right to free speech in January 6 case is ‘not absolute’

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I saw an article today about something which has been hiding in plain sight, Article 3 of the 14th Amendment: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/10/us/trump-jan-6-insurrection-conservatives.html
It bars someone who instigates an insurrection from holding office.But someone needed to push the point early and often, like starting on Jan. 7, 2020.

1:14 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I've heard that mentioned on some news shows, from back after the civil war when they didn't want people who had fought against the Union to hold office. I wonder if that could work.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home