My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Witcher



The latest show I've been watching on Netflix is The Witcher ...

a fantasy drama television series ... based on the book series of the same name by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. Set on a fictional, medieval-inspired landmass known as the Continent, The Witcher explores the legend of Geralt of Rivia, Yennefer of Vengerberg and Princess Ciri. It stars Henry Cavill, Anya Chalotra, and Freya Allan.

I've wanted to see it for some time because I like the actor who portrays the main character - Henry Cavill - you may remember him as Superman in Man of Steel.

I'm pretty tired of medieval-themed tv shows, but while Game of Thrones was a cynical, gore-filled, rape-loving piece of garbage, I think this show will be way better. There's still a lot of violence, but the main character is basically a good guy and the women seem to be real-ish people (Game of Thrones's Treatment of Women Will Tarnish Its Legacy).

Here's a scene from the show (violence) showing Geralt (Cavill) and a friend on the way to rescue his young ward, Princess Cirilla, trying to pass by the evil soldiers of Nilfgaard without incident. But then he decides to help the woman and child in distress ...



2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I knew I wouldn't like Game of Thrones, because of violence and mysogyny. Witcher sounds more promising. I'll have to ask my oldest son if he has watched it, he's into the fictional medieval stuff.

2:10 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

My favorite medieval-ish tv series was Once Upon a Time. Not really any violence and more fairy-tale stuff ... https://youtu.be/7O20kV7KwJQ?si=KVtqaKB3r-Jsx8hY

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home