My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 15, 2024

What to post?

I'm not posting about the Iowa Republican primary - I'm sure Trump will win, which is fine, as he has the least chance to beat Biden.

I am tempred to post about the winner of the best song at the Critics Choice awards ... I'm Just Ken ... yay! :) ...



But instead I'm posting a bit from an opinion piece by Max Boot in The Washington Post, which I think is important ...

South Africa’s false charges of Israeli ‘genocide’ carry a heavy price

As Israel’s war against Hamas passed the 100-day mark, Israelis struggled to understand how their country could be accused of carrying out genocide in a war they did not start. If any party to the conflict is guilty of attempted genocide, it is Hamas. This terrorist organization, which is explicitly dedicated to the destruction of the Jewish state, has carried out war crimes, including the murder of Israeli civilians, the kidnapping of more than 200 Israelis (including old people and young children), and the widespread use of rape and sexual violence against Israeli girls and women. Yet last week it was Israel, not Hamas, that found itself in the dock at the International Court of Justice in The Hague.

How can this be? Part of the answer lies, of course, in the double standard that the world routinely applies to the Jewish state. The government of South Africa, which brought the genocide case against Israel, exemplifies this contemptible hypocrisy ...


I hope people read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home