My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 05, 2024

Unending

Years ago, when I had more money, I bought the complete 10 seasons of one of my favorite tv shows of all time ... Stargate SG-1 ...

I have just been re-watching it all for the first time since I bought it, and I still love it. I'm in the 10th and final season, on the last episode: Unending ...

The episode begins with the mass suicide of the Asgard race, who try to preserve their legacy by giving all of their accumulated knowledge and technology to the SG-1 team and the crew of the Earth ship Odyssey. When the ship is attacked by Ori warships, Lieutenant-Colonel Samantha Carter creates a time dilation field. The field was programmed so while only fractions of a second had passed outside of the field, It takes fifty years inside the field until a defense against the Ori weapons can be found.

So, Carter and Daniel Jackson and Teal'c and General Landry (Beau Bridges) and Mitchell and Vala (both of the previous SF show Farscape) are stuck on the ship in a time dilation field for 50 years, hoping they can both save all the neat stuff the Asgard gave them for their ship, while also escaping the secons-away evil Ori energy beam that will destroy them. They each deal with it in their own way, but time is not kind to them ...



But the episode and the series end well, and there are then two Stargate movies, and of course the spin-off, Stargate Atlantis, so many more Stargate viewing hours ahead :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home