My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 03, 2026

RIP: Gloria Steinem



Hard to express what an important influence she was. When I was in college, the feminist movement was taking off and I was so hopeful that maybe men and women could really be equals, that we could concentrate on what we shared as people instead of only paying attention to the differences between us. It seemed like a new and wonderful day for women (and men) that could only get better and better.

Silly me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

She started "Take your daughter to work day". She also worked hard for peace and justice. I didn't agree with all her politics, but I admire her for giving it all her best effort. There isn't anyone like her now.

2:47 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, she will be missed!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home