My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Screen Captures

Technical dim bulb that I am, it's taken me some time to figure out how to take screen captures of film DVDs while I'm playing them on the computer. Or I should say, I didn't figure out how to do it, but read up on why it doesn't work and how to get around it (Macs with OS X cannot take screen captures of movies with DVD Player, as a sort of copyright-saving feature). Now that I know how ...

Some people never saw the movie The Passion of the Christ in part because they didn't want to be exposed to the violent scenes in the film. There were some other scenes that intersperced with the crucifion, however, and I thought I'd post a few of them here, for those who might be interested in seeing them ...


- showing his mother a table he'd made


- writing in the dust as the adulteress is brought before him


- at the last supper


- praying in the garden


- in the tomb, resurrected


4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

Hi Crystal, I see you removed your post about your dreams. I was hoping for some discussion because I am fascinated by the subject of dreaming. I am more interested in why and how we dream. This brings me to a book I want to recommend to you titled Landscapes of the Night...why and how we dream. The author is Christopher Evans.

It has been years since I read the book, but I recall the author saying something about how the brain during a certain kind of sleep does housekeeping. The information we receive during the day through our senses gets routed here and there in the brain for storage and so on. I think that is how the author explained it.

9:36 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susieq,

thanks for the book recommendation. That's interesting about the information storage idea ... I've read that if you study something right before you go to sleep, you have a better chance of remembering it :-)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Crystal,

Out of all of the portayals I've seen of Jesus on the silver screen, his was my favorite. I actually think that Jim Caviezel did a great job (not that I claim to know what Jesus was supposed to look and sound like).

I wasn't crazy about The Passion, but I loved that scene with the new table between Jesus and his mother. It was the best scene in the movie. I wish there had been more of those flashback scenes in the film, to put things into better context and perspective.

11:05 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Jeff,

that table scene was my favorite part too - the affection and joy. I'd almost forgotten, until I was looking through the movie for the non-crucifixion scenes, how really upsetting and hard to watch most of the movie was.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home