My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I finally know who to vote for

The last couple of months other bloggers have been posting info about different candidates ... Sandalstraps on Obama, Jeff on Edwards and Romney, William on everybody (Hilary = France?! :-) I've tried to make a choice, and if I absolutely have to, I'll take Hilary over the others, but my heart isn't in any of thee three most obvious options. It was only today that I suddenly realized I don't have to pick someone who's actually running! I know - so counter-intuitive.

I remember well the election of 2000. As Wikipedia says, it was ... ... one of the most controversial and highly contested presidential elections in U.S. history. Despite the fact that Gore won a plurality of the popular vote, with over half a million more votes than the Republican candidate George W. Bush, a month of ballot recounts and court challenges in the state of Florida led the Supreme Court to end the highly disputed race with its final ruling of Bush v. Gore, handing the electoral college victory, and consequently the presidency, to Bush ... ... The guy I voted for actually won. Except, he didn't. Maybe this time he really will win, if only he'll take another chance.

- DRAFTGORE.COM

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandalstraps said...

I'm still mad at Gore for running away from Clinton when all he needed to do was ride his coat tails into office. Stupid move.

That said, I voted for him before, and he was much less appealing then. If he does enter the race, I'm going to have some serious internal conflict.

2:03 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Chris,

yeah, I was mad at him too. Still, somehow he appeals to me more than the others.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Liam said...

I agree with Chris. I also have to say I like Gore exactly where he is now. I wouldn't mind him as president, but I don't think he would be the most electable candidate.

I'm still pretty excited about Edwards and Obama, and not unconvinced by Richardson.

1:15 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Liam,

after reading that interview with Edwards at Beliefnet, I dislike more than ever :-)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Deacon Denny said...

I too was pretty mad (or rather, disappointed) at Gore then -- I thought the election was his to win or lose, and he didn't "put it away."

But it hit me, in watching his movie -- there was so much autobiographical stuff there, which was very understandable and touching. It was just the sort of thing that he needed then, for people to know who he was.

He may not be running, but he's very electable now. I'd support him in a heartbeat.

10:12 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Another vote! :-)

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home