My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ash Wednesday


- Ash Wednesday by Roger Wagner

***********************

Roger Wagner's Visionary Landscapes, Image Journal

[...] An elegiac note is also struck in one of Wagner's earliest compositions, entitled Ash Wednesday. In it, he has translated an enigmatic section from T. S. Eliot's Ash-Wednesday into pictorial form. The section begins:

Lady, three white leopards sat under a juniper-tree
In the cool of the day, having fed to satiety
On my legs my heart my liver and that which had been contained
In the hollow round of my skull. And God said
Shall these bones live?
.....

**********************


2 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

That's very cool. I'm not familiar with his work.

Have a blessed Ash Wednesday, Crystal.

9:14 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks. You too, Liam.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home