My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 07, 2009

After the Funeral


- Poirot called in to solve two murders

This week's movie rental was one of the Agatha Christie Poirot mystery movies, based on the novel After the Funeral, and starring David Suchet as Hercule Poirot, the brilliant Belgian detective. Sadly, his side-kicks Hastings and Miss Lemon weren't in attendance. I haven't read any of the novels, but have seen most of the movies and I'd recommend them if you like period English mysteries.


- the late Richard Abernethie's estate and scene of the first murder


5 Comments:

Blogger cowboyangel said...

Funny, my wife has been watching and really enjoying the BBC Miss Marple series.

I haven't seen the BBC Poirot series - We should get some of them. La Reina would enjoy them.

I read several of the books - like a million years ago.

2:55 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I've never seen Miss Marple but my sister has read all her stories. David Suchet is good. I saw him in a movie once where he played a terrorist hijacking a plane and I barely recognized him.

5:30 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

We got to see him on stage in London with Diana Rigg in Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? Excellent. He was great. They both were.

8:21 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Diana Rigg :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger The Rush Blog said...

I didn't miss Hastings and Miss Lemon. And they haven't been in a "POIROT" story for the last nine to ten years.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home