My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Strange dream

I have mixed feelings about dreams - sometimes I think they're just the way the brain sorts events or only the random flashing of neurons but other times I wonder if I've had a true dream from the Gates of Horn :)

Anyway, last night I had such a strange dream I thought I'd write it down to remember it. I was in a huge multilevel building, sort of like a giant bookstore, with lots of people. I opened the door of a small room and inside was Jesus and an angel. They were waiting for something and I asked if I could get them anything while they waited. The angel asked for tea and orange juice. There was a fridge in the room, so I said I'd get them a half gallon of juice and they could keep it fresh. I closed the door and as I went off in search of drinks, I saw a women who was my friend or co-worker. I told her we needed to find drinks for Jesus and the angel, but she said instead we had to do away with them and she went to the door. I fought her off for a minute, but then she was just gone, and a nearby elevator dinged and the door opened. Kermit walked out of the elevator. I was so surprised and happy to see her. I picked her up and at first she didn't recognize me, but I said her name and then she began to purr. Then I woke up.


- Kermit


8 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

When I read your post I immediatly thought of Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne" probably because of:

"And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China"

but it reminded me of the second stanza which includes:

"And Jesus was a sailor
When he walked upon the water
And he spent a long time watching
From his lonely wooden tower
And when he knew for certain
Only drowning men could see him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"
But he himself was broken
Long before the sky would open
Forsaken, almost human
He sank beneath your wisdom like a stone"

I always liked that part. Glad you got to see Kermit that has to be a good sign.

3:21 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Richard,

I must have heard that song before because I remember this line ...

And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China


Funny what stuff ends up in one's dreams. The orange juice part probably meant I need to buy more oranges for the squirrels :) It was good to dream about Kermit - that's the first dream I've had of her since she died back in November.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Richard said...

Squirrels eat oranges, who knew??

8:31 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, I have an orange tree and I first noticed them eating the oranges then. Since Kermit died I've been leving out oranges cut in half (no oranges on the tree right now) and they scarf them up :)

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Dyan said...

So nice to have a cuddle with Kermit - even if it was brief. I love dreams like that!

10:41 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dyan,

I was so happy to see her I was crying in my dream. Hay, my birdbath is working - the blie jays who live in the yard have finally started to splash around in it.

11:49 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

Fascinating dream. Even moreso with Kermit riding up in the elevator by herself, because I just met a cat on Sunday that did this very thing. We were at the Bohemian National Hall in Manhattan, which is a Czech cultural center that's been around since the 19th century. We helped my wife's best friend with the memorial service for her longtime partner. My wife's friend and her partner are/were great cat lovers. As we were cleaning up after the reception, up on the 3rd floor, a cat suddenly walked in, cool as can be, and wandered around the room, checking out the scene. (Well, probably the food.) We were all amazed - it was like a sign. How in the world could a cat wind up on the 3rd floor of a Czech cultural center in Manhattan right at the time of a reception for a man who loved cats so much? Well, cat came up on the elevator, of course. A few years ago, when they were renovating the center, the cat just showed up one day, so the workers took care of her and now she lives in the building and rides up and down the elevators when people use them, getting on and off at different floors. Wild, eh?

So, you never got the angel his/her orange juice and tea?

Love seems the most important aspect of your dream. Stronger than your need to get the angel his or her drinks.

2:34 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

with Kermit riding up in the elevator by herself

Heh - that reminds me of a scene from the X-Files where the evil Cigarette-smoking man makes fun of Agent Mulder because his office is in the basement of the FBI building, and Mulder says, "At least, unkie you, I don't have to take the elevator up to get to work."

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home