My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Audio Retreat

Creighton University is offering a new audio weekend retreat by Larry Gillick SJ. Here's the blurb at their page ....

********************

THE SPIRITUAL EXERCISES
A confrontation with our shame.
An invitation to honor.

Presented by Fr. Larry Gillick, S.J. of Creighton University

The conferences are centered around the basic experiences of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. The major theme is how we experience and deal with our shame and how Jesus reverses shame and its paralyzings to our being mercifully honored and missioned. These Exercises are not so much about answers, but to inspire the reverent asking of the right questions and praying with the searchings.

This is a retreat of twelve, thirty-minute conferences designed to lead to a prayerful reflection on how our actions flow from our attitudes and the recalling of how Jesus deals now with us as He did with women and men of His time.

************************

I've listened to a few past retreats from Fr. Gillick and found them good, so I thought I'd try this one too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Denise said...

Thanks for pointing out this resource, Crystal. Creighton has some wonderful tools on their website. I'll have to check this one out.

10:35 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Denise,

I first found the Creighton site when I took that 34 week online retreat they give. I visit the daily reflections page most days. Nice place.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home