My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Dreamsnake

The first thing I did when I realized I could listen to books was look for audio versions of old books I had once read and really liked. It was hard going - while mainstream books like The Three Musketeers and Rebecca could be found in audio, older genre fiction like The Forever War by Joe Haldeman, Passage by Connie Willis, Count Belisarius by Robert Graves, Lord Valentine's Castle by Robert Silverberg, Downbelow Station by C. J. Cherryh, Startide Rising by David Brin, The Knights of Dark Renown and The Kings of Vain Intent by Graham Shelby, hadn't been made into audio CDs and likely never would be.

But recently some of these books have been becoming available in audio downloads at places like Audible.com and even my library is starting to offer downloads of some old books - today my sister helped me download a book I have wanted to reread for a very long time - Dreamsnake .....

Dreamsnake is a 1978 science fiction novel written by Vonda McIntyre. Dreamsnake won the 1979 Hugo Award, the 1978 Nebula Award, and the 1979 Locus Award. The novel follows a healer on a journey while she seeks to replace one of her healer snakes. Nuclear war, biotechnology, alternate sex patterns, and other-worldly tribalism put in appearances.

If you're interested, you can read a review of the book here




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home