My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Retreat week 27



This week Crieghton University's Ignatian online retreat in everyday life is about the last supper.

It's been almost ten years since I first followed the retreat but I still have my materials from then, including the imaginative contemplation I did for this week. I was pretty unhappy putting myself into that scene and Jesus seemed unhappy too, sort of like the Jesus in the last supper scene from Jesus of Nazareth.

Today, though, I saw this last supper scene from The Passion of the Christ which shows a Jesus who seems somehow more focused on what he wants the disciples to remember than what's ahead for him (the scene, which begins with Jesus washing the disciples' feet, is subtitled in English because the film was done in original languages, and has some song in the background instead of the voices, but still it touched me) ....




2 Comments:

Blogger Deacon Denny said...

Thank you, Crystal. I really appreciated that clip from The Passion of the Christ. It's been a long while since I've seen it -- I've forgotten how good it was. I think I'll weave that into my Holy Thursday homily...

I notice that the last note on Creighton's page was to "Consider sharing the graces you have received this week with others making the retreat." It seems like you've done that very well, thank you!

1:57 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Denny,

Thanks :) The first time I saw that movie I was really moved and I even bought it, but on later watchings, it seemed more and move upsetting (the suffering, etc) that I sold it back to Amazon. But I forgot how compelling that Jesus was.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home