My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Movie about St. Augustine


- Augustine

Tonight I found a couple of videos about a 2009 TV miniseries I hadn't heard of before on the saint I love to hate - Augustine. The title is Augustine: The Decline of the Roman Empire and it has a mostly European cast - the only person in it I've heard of is Franco Nero. Here's a synopsis ....

While the greatest Empire in history is on the brink of a precipice, one man fearlessly searches for the meaning of his life and that of the men and women of his time. The North African city of Hippo is besieged by the Vandals, the elderly bishop Augustine sends his friend and brother Alipius to try and ask Geiseric to mediate peace negotiations. Alipius tells the barbarian the story of Augustine's life and, discovering it is mysteriously linked to his won, Geiseric gives up the idea of destroying the city.

Here's a brief news story about the movie (in which B16 appears - he liked it, of course) .....



And here's the trailer. Looks like there's a lot of the "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet" stuff in the film :) ...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home