My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Put on your red shoes ....

I was thinking about my mom today after reading Fran's latest post at There Will Be Bread. I was reminded of a tv show mama and I used to watch together - Live by Request on A&E - a show where performers would allow callers-in to pick the songs they would then perform live. Here's what Wikipedia says of the show ....

Live by Request is a television show on the A&E Network. On it, notable artists hold concerts where the set list would be determined by viewer phone calls. The show was created based on an idea by Tony Bennett. Bennett starred in its first episode, with ran on Valentine's Day 1996; during that episode, 1.5 million calls came in from viewers with requests. The show won the Emmy Award for Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program in 1996 ......

Here's a song perfomed by David Bowie on the show that I especially liked - Let's Dance. If you watch to the end you can hear him give his opinion of the devil :) .....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home