My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shakshouka



I learned of a new food today, or new to me I should say - Shakshouka - thanks to Not Eating Out in New York. Here's the beginning of the post, which also contains the recipe and some great photos ....

They say shakshouka, a common Israeli breakfast dish, is difficult or taxing to make, or that canned tomatoes are the best option to create a thick and savory sauce. But it was the first thing I could think of to whip up when I could find little else but ripe tomatoes and fresh eggs in the icebox one morning last week. I don’t mean that in a nostalgic way, using the word, “icebox” — for the past couple weeks, I’ve been living on a single-hull sailboat docked at the San Francisco marina ...


2 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Yum, thanks for the reminder to make shakshouka again. It's been a long time.
I never heard of the brown sugar ingredient. Will have to try it.

Did you have some?

10:49 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dina,

Not yet - no eggs :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home