My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Browsing


- The Angel of the Waters

Sometimes I browse art/architecture at Getty Photos. Here's some of what I saw today ...

The statue pictured above, part of the Bethesda Terrace fountain in Central Park, is of the angel at the pool of Bethesda in John's gospel. It was designed by Emma Stebbins, one of the first American women sculptors.

Another thing that caught my attention was Tréguier Cathedral in Brittany ....



It has this head of St. Yves - eeek! I don't think I'll ever like the idea of relics ;) .....




2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I find the halo behind the skull really interesting. Not sure why, exactly.

8:10 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Matthew,

Hmmm - I hadn't even noticed that till you mentioned it. I was trying not to count his teeth ... wonder if he flossed.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home