My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Women's health should matter to the bishops

As I've been trawling through Catholic logs to see if anyone is being "me" I've been surprised to see what most of the posts on these blogs expressed .... a triumphant glee at what's seen as the bishops' trouncing of the president :( To paraphrase Col. Mitchell of Stargate SG1: Wow. Politics [plus religion] really does suck everywhere you go.

It would be one thing if this were really some courageous victory for religious conscience over the policies of a draconian despot, but to me tit seems no more than the flexing of the kind of tribal loyalty evinced by rival high schools. And meanwhile the issue of women's health goes totally missing. Women's health should matter to the bishops. It doesn't.

I recommend a different blog post on the subject, from The Christian Century - Would Jesus dispense contraceptive pills?




1 Comments:

Blogger randyor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home