My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 04, 2012

"I am the bread of life."



The reading for tomorrow is John 6:24-35. Ever since I saw the movie The Gospel of John, I've been sort of mesmerized by "watching" Jesus (Henry Ian Cusick; Desmond of LOST) saying the lines from that gospel .... Cusick invests the sometimes over the top words with such a compelling enthusiasm that I can't anymore just dismiss that Jesus as too remote or other-worldly. If you click on the timeline bar of the video below at about 4:47 into it, you can watch Jesus deliver the reading (the Good News version) ....




2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

This does give a different flavor to the reading. The Jesus in my head was a bit of a scold.

7:59 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Richard,

For me too. The discourses seemed so cold and remote and off-putting. But somehow the ator makes them seem otherwise, mostly.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home